"KNOWING THE TRUTH ABOUT MADELEINE McCANN
I was amazed at how many citations in this week’s Bible Lessons (April 24th – 30th) have a bearing on the still unsolved Madeleine McCann case.
As we know, the three-year-old was abducted from a holiday apartment in Portugal on May 3rd 2007. Next week will be the 10th anniversary of her disappearance. She’ll be 13 years old.
The first two citations that caught my eye are from ‘Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures’ by Mary Baker Eddy:
* “Ignorance, subtlety, or false charity does not forever conceal error; evil will in time disclose and punish itself.” (5/447: 2-14)
* “The great fact (is) that God lovingly governs all.” (20/412:1-4)
The third, fourth and fifth citations that drew my attention are from the Bible.
* “The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.” (18/Psalms 34:7)
* “thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Even every one that is called by my name:” (19/Isaiah 43: 1 thus, 6 bring, 7 (to:)
* “Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.” (20/Jeremiah 31:3 Yea)
And a final, and particularly powerful, citation from Science and Health:
* “This is the doctrine of Christian Science: that divine Love cannot be deprived of its manifestation, or object; that joy cannot be turned into sorrow, for sorrow is not the master of joy; that good can never produce evil.” (31/304:9)
It seems to me that, as Christian Scientists, we don’t have to despair of ever finding Madeleine McCann.
Mind has never ceased knowing her whereabouts just as Love has never ceased keeping her safe from harm.
And as we know the truth about her, we’re knowing it about all abducted children everywhere.
In short, our spiritual understanding can support Scotland Yard in pursuing what it’s currently describing as “a significant new line of enquiry” in the search for Madeleine McCann.
Let’s get to work!"