Both our daughters and their young families live about two and a half hours away so going to visit them entails long stretches of motor way driving.
In the past few months I have been more aware how important it is to prepare for my journey. Checking I have enough fuel, setting the SatNav and reading the traffic reports are all elements in this preparation but the most important preparation is my ‘spiritual readiness’.
• I acknowledge that God’s law governs everyone that is using the road.
Love is our refuge; only with mine eye
Can I behold the snare, the pit, the fall:
His habitation high is here, and nigh,
His arm encircles me, and mine, and all.
• I affirm in my prayers that as the children of God we all express the spiritual qualities of patience and consideration.
What we most need is the prayer of fervent desire for growth in grace, expressed in patience, meekness and good deeds (Science and Health 4: 3-5)
• I claim as a reflection of God, good, ill feeling towards and criticism of other road users cannot enter my thoughts if they are filled with love and respect.
Beloved, let us love one another…..(1 John 4:7)
• I acknowledge that governed by God, our Father, Mother we are all safe and secure wherever we are and whatever we are doing.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God: in him will I trust. (Psalms 91:1,2)
• I humbly express gratitude for God’s love, His omnipresence, unfailing wisdom and spiritual guidance.
We thank Thee, heavenly Father,
For Thy correcting rod,
Which guides us in our journey
And leads us home to God.
It tells us not of anger,
The weapon mortals sway
But Love divine that helps us
To keep the better way
(Hymn 376 verse 2)